Schools in Wales receive a grant from Welsh Government, Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG), specifically for the purpose of reducing the impact of poverty on educational achievement.
- The total number of pupils on school roll for 8th September 2016 is 226
- The school’s Free School Meal population is under 10%
- This is the same as the previous year
- The school undertakes the following activities in order to support pupils facing the challenges of poverty and deprivation
- Provision of literacy programmes for children with difficulties in this area
- Monitor and track the progress of all pupils including those entitled to Free School Meals as well as liaising with class teachers to ensure appropriate provision is in place where needed
- Provision of additional small reading group sessions for those who require this support
- Purchase ICT subscriptions to support numeracy learning in school and at home
- Staff training on using ICT to support the teaching and learning of literacy, numeracy and DCF
- Purchase ICT equipment to support the development of pupils’ literacy, numeracy and DCF
- Training and support for staff in supporting children with emotional and behavioural needs
- The school’s PDG, SEG and WEG Plans are regularly scrutinised by the Governing Body, supported by advice from the EAS and monitored by the Local Authority.