Would you like to improve our school?
Do you have the skills and commitment needed to:
- investigate issues about our school?
- plan and carry out your own research projects?
- share what you find out with others?
Join our… Learning Squad!
Glasllwch Primary School values the views of all its members; learning is enhanced by exploring the thoughts and feelings of pupils within the school. Pupil Voice is embedded in all aspects of school life. We provide children with opportunities to contribute to school improvement because we believe listening to learners is fundamental to their well-being and development as successful learners.
Glasllwch Learning Squad is made up of children in Year 5. They meet on Wednesdays between 12:30 and 1:15pm.
During this time they explore issues raised by pupils across the school and identify aspects of school life they would like to research and improve.
Helping to improve learning in our school…
‘Today’s learning for tomorrow’s stars!’
Some of our Learning Squad research questions in the past have included:
- Does keeping children fit and healthy improve school learning?
- How could we improve children’s concentration in lessons?
- Does having breakfast affect how we learn?
- How could we improve hygiene and health in our school?
- Would children like to do more Expressive Arts in school?